Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify support lost all My Music during a transfer from one account to another

Spotify support lost all My Music during a transfer from one account to another

Hello everyone,

Here is the problem I am encountering :

My first Spotify Premium account was created via Facebook and I wanted to create a new account via my e-mail address with no connection to Facebook. 

I thus created this new account and wanted to import my old account's music and playlists in it.

I contacted Spotify support in order to do this ; they told me they would save my playlists and "My Music" section before closing my old account. I gave them some required information about my accounts in order to do so and asked them some questions (especially : "would the transfer of my music and my playlists be done automatically or via a file I would have to upload ?", "will there be a period of time during which my old account would be closed before finishing all the transfers on my new account ?").

Spotify support only replied by telling me that my music had been transfered and asking me to confirm it in order for them to be able to close my old account. They also informed me that my old account had been made inactive.

The problem : my playlists were transfered but I could see that the sections of My Music on my new account were empty. In addition, I did not know that my old account would be made inactive : I had only been informed that it would be closed after the transfer of my playlists and my music (and this transfer was unsuccesful).

Their response to this problem was to tell me that I could not access my old account anymore and that due to a technical problem, My Music had not been transfered.

Would any of you have already encountered this type of problem or/and would know how to solve it ?

I would want to know if there would be any possibility to recover My Music sections.

Thanks,

PS : sorry if there are some English mistakes, the conversation with the support was originally in French.

1 Reply

Hey there! 

Thanks for bringing this up to us. We had an issue with transferring Your Music collections. If you contact our Accounts team again, they should be able to transfer it so you can listen to those songs again. Let us know how it goes.

Keep on rocking 🙂

Suggested posts