Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I am abroad, but I am not.

Spotify thinks I am abroad, but I am not.

Spotify kept on telling me that I am in abroad but I am not, I used spotify here in my hometown(Philippines) on my computer, now that I have it on my mobile phone(iphone) I can't seem to use it because it said that I am abroad. Btw I am just using a free spotify account.

Please do help me. Thank you
7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community!

Since you have a free account, FAQ gives you these steps to do. If it persists, you can follow the steps in this form and press "still need more help". If it hasn't helped, then reply to the email they send you even though it's a NO-REPLY mail.

Hope it helped,

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

How am I supposed to follow that guidelines if From the log in screen I cant log in my account already? I am logging in via 'log in through my facebook acount' and the same message appears that I cannot use spotify abroad for 14 days.

Please do help me. Thank you Kate

If you have been abroad in the last 14 days, can you check your facebook account to be in the same country as the country you are in?

I never put any information on my facebook about where am I at the moment since I strted using it way way back. And I don't want to change it. For the fact that nowadays its too risky to put any information about you on social media. Is there another way? Maybe you could reset my account email from spotify so I could use the same email to register. Is that possible madame?

Thank you Kate, I really do appreciate you helping me.

Not even for the small box who has the basic info about you like where you work, where you're from? I'm not disagreeing with you on oversharing where you are from, just making sure that spotify country= facebook country
You're welcome!

Not a single info Kate. Maybe you could help me restart my spotify account? Please Kate, I hate making a new email address just for spotify. Thank you Kate

Hello- in order for your issue to happen, the IP address you're using can't match the IP of the country you're in! Did you change perhaps hardware recently? Because the two must be the same...
K

Suggested posts