Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

I have the same problem I'm in Brunei, and I'm using a VPN and every time I try log in it says that Spotify can't work abroad for 14 days

I have only ever had a premium acct. And I don't have Facebook so I only have one login. 😑 Thanks for your help. I'll try and fix it when I'm back in hk.

Hi
I've opened Spotify some time ago in Cal but now live in IL and travel in the states a lot.
I have not opened the app for some time and now I get the 14 day limit for abroad message. Can someone help? I'm not outside of the US for sure.

@Neffriamma

Have you tried checking your country setting in your profile page yet?

If it's not the US, you can change it there. Just make sure your IP address shows your current location within the US.

You can check it here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have Spotify on my Ps4 but it says I've been listening for 14 days abroad but I haven't even left the country since I got my ps4
Marked as solution

@Jimmy31

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

Finally, your payment method (if you're Premium) must match your country too.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks I went into my account and it was set to United Kingdom but I changed it to Ireland now it works

Hello,

I have the same problem, Spotify doesn't work anymore since one month for me. Tells me I can only use it abroad 14 days but I didn't change the country I live in. Can you help?

@Gechee02

Check your IP address here and compare it to the country shown in your profile.

They should match.

osorniosSpotify Star

Log into your account online and go into settings and see what country it's set on

Oh yes, that did fix it. Thanks a lot!

Can I use my spotify in Sweden even though im from the UK if I pay for it

@jambomcg93

Yes you can, if your payment form is british too.

If not, while in Sweden, you can change the country in your profile, and also change your payment info to a swedish credit card when you get one.

osorniosSpotify Star

Spotify thinks im abroad when im not, and ive been onto account settings and changed it to the UK however it still wont work? Any help?

@Mary97

Where are you located and where did you sign up to your account? If you are a Premium subscriber, your payment details must match the country in your Spotify profile.

osorniosSpotify Star

Im located in the UK, and i signed up whilst on holiday in Mexico. i signed onto spotify on my mac and changed the country however it still wont let me sign in on my phone?

Marked as solution

@Mary97

Did you change it through the website? Check what your profile page shows.

Make sure your IP address shows you're currently in the UK, since the country restriction is IP based.

You can check it here.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi I have the same issue with my account I opened it in Australia and now live in Ireland, so my 14 day period is up

@Fish1050

Check what your profile page shows. If necessary, change your country to Ireland.

Make sure your IP address shows you're currently in Ireland, since the country restriction is IP based.

You can check it here.

osorniosSpotify Star

I tried to follow the steps above since I'm in the military and I am now stationed in Japan. But when I went to change the country the only one listed was USA and it wouldn't let me change it

Suggested posts