Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

ericadanielle - Can you try logging in now?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam, it's still not working.  I have but one country option - Netherlands.  And it won't allow me to type in anything else.  It also will not allow me to upgrade to Premium....it says "this product is not available to you."  Is it possible to close this account and open another?  Thanks for working on this, Sam.

Sam!

Wait a minute.  It's working!  Thanks so much!!!!

You're the best!

ericaadanielle

Awesome! Let me know if it starts acting difficult again. Fingers crossed, you should now be sorted.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam, I have a new issue.  I don't quite understand it, but a number of my playlists are missing the lead song (i.e., the song that I initially selected to start the playlist).  Also, when I do a search for a track or artist, very very little shows up any more...specifically, the only results I get are those that can already be found in a playlist of mine.  Does this make sense?  Let me know if anything can be done.  Thank you, Erica

ericadanielle - Ah, ok. Is this still happening?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam, yes this is still an issue.  Also, the what's new section will not populate.  

Thanks again,

Erica

hey
I travel often, and  went to france for school when i went back to the state after 14 days i couldent use my spotify account  anymore 😞 and now i cant change the coutry , can you please do it for me ? 

@adel wrote:

hey
I travel often, and  went to france for school when i went back to the state after 14 days i couldent use my spotify account  anymore 😞 and now i cant change the coutry , can you please do it for me ? 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have a read at the help steps outlined in this official post 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

LS

I moved to Curaco permanently.

Spotify worked fine at first.

Now it does nothing and it says i need to change my counrty in the profile section.

I tried but that isnt possible - the dropdown menu is gray and clicking on it doenst help.

im desperate and cry myself to sleep at night

please help....

Tenks a million

@hermanruiter wrote:

LS

I moved to Curaco permanently.

Spotify worked fine at first.

Now it does nothing and it says i need to change my counrty in the profile section.

I tried but that isnt possible - the dropdown menu is gray and clicking on it doenst help.

im desperate and cry myself to sleep at night

please help....

Tenks a million

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify will have worked for 14 days of your account being "abroad" before you lost access. 

Unfortunately, since Spotify is not available in Curacao, unless you still have a payment method from where your account is registered to upgrade to premium or unlimited, you won't be able to use Spotify in Curacao. 

Peter

Peter

hi , i have the same probleme ! im in us ( i've traveled a month ago but now im home , in us ) please fix it for me ! i have this problem since last month ! 

Hi pzek - Are you connecting via an internet proxy registered abroad? This might be tricking Spotify into think you're outside the US. 

I can confirm your account is registered in the US so you shouldn't have trouble at home. 

no i dont use any proxy , but i cant access my account ...

Restart Spotify and give that another try for me. 

thanks , it works now 🙂 thanks for your great support ! 

Great, glad to hear it. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you've got more questions. Enjoy your tunes!

I had an account in US, then moved to Singapore.

I was not using Spotify in Singapore (not available) but now that it's available, I decided to change my country in my account in order to be able to use it.

I've successfully changed my country setting to Singapore yet I still receive the message "Your country does not match the one set in your profile". When accessing my profile, I can see the following message: "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premiumwhich gives you unlimited travel access."

How to unblock my situation? it seems to me that Spotify still thinks my main residence is US.

Thanks,

@srodriguez wrote:

I had an account in US, then moved to Singapore.

I was not using Spotify in Singapore (not available) but now that it's available, I decided to change my country in my account in order to be able to use it.

I've successfully changed my country setting to Singapore yet I still receive the message "Your country does not match the one set in your profile". When accessing my profile, I can see the following message: "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premiumwhich gives you unlimited travel access."

How to unblock my situation? it seems to me that Spotify still thinks my main residence is US.

Thanks,

Do you log in using Facebook?

If so make sure that both the country on your online profile and on Facebook are both set to Singapore and then try logging into the desktop/mobile application. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts