Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify to Chromecast audio paused casting problem.

Spotify to Chromecast audio paused casting problem.

Hello.

Have a premium account as you can see on my account.  
Having a problem with spotify stoping music frequently when I cast to Chromecast audio. Has seen in the forum that many have had or still have this problem. Uses a Samsung Galaxy A3 and two different Samsung pad. Same problem on all devices. Has updated to latest Spotify version continuously without any difference. If I stop casting and select to "Play on this phone," then i hear the message "Spotify stopped playing due to the account being used on another device". This is not true.
If I go back and start casting again then the music start again for a while and then suddenly stop playing. Sometimes the music can start without any action after you forget it's on and that it's a bit overwhelming. Since I can't use Spotify in a sensible way at home, the program is a bit meaningless.
Do you have any help for this or must I look for another service that work with casting?

Excuse my english.

Sincerely
Jörgen Eriksson

5 Replies

Since I received no response with any help to resolve my problem, I will finish my account on Spotify. Realizing that you are not on the spotify do not care about the problems of individual users. Have tested with Google Play and it works perfectly with chromecast at home and in the car so it will be my future music service.

By.

Hey @Jerik2,

Sorry for the delay, and we regret that you feel this way. We'd be more than happy to help you out if you still need it. First, please make sure to update the firmware of the Chromecast.

Also make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and restart the router. 

If that doesn't work, get back to us with a screenshot, the OS of your devices and the Spotify versions. 

Keep us posted.

Hello
Thanks for your reply.
Do not mind continuing to use Spotify if it works with cast but now it don't.
Think I have the latest Chromecast firmware, according to Google (1.32.124602)
Has been updated to the latest Spotify version on all devices I use.
Has three devices, all of which have the same symptoms, two Samsung pad and a Samsung Galaxy A3. These are also updated recently. Casting seems to work if I'm connect to the Chromcast connected to my television but not to Chromcast Audio connected to my stereo. Android version on mobile is 8.0.0. Updated by 2018 31 June.
Spotify version 8.4.68.911.armV7

Sincerely
Jorgen

Hey there @Jerik2!

Thanks for getting back in touch with this 🙂

It looks like there's a newer version of the Spotify app. In this case, could you follow the steps here to update the app on your devices? Let us know if the issue persists after updating.

Further, since you mention that the issue occurs mostly on your Chromecast connected to your stereo, could you make sure of the following:

• Both devices are connected to the same WiFi
  • You're not on Guest Mode 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

/K 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello,
Spotify updated automatically today. Have then tried to cast against chromecaste audio for several hours without any problems. Have not been able to do this for a very long time. Hope it lasts.

Sincerely
Jorgen

Suggested posts