Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify updated, now every track will not play

Solved!

Spotify updated, now every track will not play

Any song I click on, after a split second of playing, stops, and says "Can't play the current track". Never happend before. Flawed patch. Fix please.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's worth trying a re-install yourself incase something got broken during the update:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Reinstalled, it removed my high quality streaming but added back facebook activity. Is this the same as when you could see what people were listening to in the facebook IM area(and could join them listening)? or is that gone forever? Seriously one of the best features i've ever seen

Marked as solution

The solution is to turn off high quality streaming. I am no longer using premium at the moment. Then it works again.

19 Replies
Marked as solution

It's worth trying a re-install yourself incase something got broken during the update:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

I can't get it to work on my phone as well. any input?

Not working for me either. I tried re-installing, but it didn't work.

Marked as solution

Reinstalled, it removed my high quality streaming but added back facebook activity. Is this the same as when you could see what people were listening to in the facebook IM area(and could join them listening)? or is that gone forever? Seriously one of the best features i've ever seen

Marked as solution

The solution is to turn off high quality streaming. I am no longer using premium at the moment. Then it works again.

disabling high quatliy was my issue, too.  I used to be premium, so I think this was never disabled since i discontinued premium and this was still checked. The lastest update must check it or something.

THANK YOU

Sounds like this might be a minor bug, I'm passing these reports over now.

Peter

I just started having this issue as well, now none of my music on spotify will play, considering we pay for this service will there be a patch sooner rather than later>?

Tried turning off the high quality streaming and reinstalled but neither worked :L

Me too!  I have done everything that people say in this threat but nothing will fix it! Please arange this bug ASAP this is very anoying and not fun 😞

Same here. I am a premium member and actually my account was working fine until I had to reinstall Spotify (wiped my computer and reinstalled everything; long story). Now it won't play some of my tracks. This includes a playlist I listened to a lot right before and right after, so I'm pretty sure it happened with the new install. I checked and my High Quality streaming was unselected automatically, so I turned it back on. Nothing - songs still won't play. So I turned it back off again. Still not working. I could try reinstalling again, but I doubt that's my problem.

P.S. I'm in the U.S.A. and using Windows on my PC. I just tried it on my phone, and the app version will play the songs, but switching back to my computer (mid-song even) brings up the same error. It looks like the track is playing in the bar below, I just get the blue flag message of failure and can't hear anything.

I have the same issue. I have also tried everything but it doesn't seem to work. Settings have no influence on the problem, as well as reinstalling.

I am a premium member as well.

Yesterday it was working fine until it suddenly started giving me "can't play current track". I thought it was a connection problem because I was at a coffee shop, even though wifi seemed to be working just fine. Went home and tried it again, it still wouldn't work. It plays 1 or 2 seconds, jumps to another tack saying "can't play current track" and it happens with every darn playlist. Version seems to be 1.0.15.133, at least it's what it shows when I click "About Spotify". Also, I've never been premium and the High Quality streaming is unticked. I'm using windows 10 and have checked the firewall to allow spotify free access to all networks. I wanted to go premium, but i'm thinking it doesn't even work on free, i'm not paying for it if it won't work! Oh, and I've tried reinstalling to. Didn't help!

Same for me. *Every* track is "can't play".... annoying. I'm paying, premium user.

Mac OS X El Capitan, Spotify v.1.0.15.133.gf21970bd

Hope they fix it soon

(yes I re-installed it, rebooted, dadada, nothing will fix it).

Why the hell a premium user should not listen to a high quality streaming? I´m fed up with spotify support ...they are completely useless !

same **bleep** happening for me..non of the advices works.....

I am also unable to to play any music now using Spotify for Windows. Spotify runs through all songs in a playlist or album and just says "Can't play the current track". I re-installed the Spotify client but no luck. I also disabled high quality streaming to no effect.

If this problem persists for awhile longer I may be forced to cancel my account.

Prizepony,

Check your Java and update it. Then you try out your windows spotify and
tell us. I did it using another user´s recommendations and it worked well !

My issue was an audio driver problem. I didn't notice that my speaker had disappeared in Windows 10 and so Spotify was unable to play any songs (obviously). Re-installing my audio card drivers fixed the problem.

i am have this exact issue, only on MAC desktop client, NOT on mobile.
JV

Suggested posts