Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify username and picture

Solved!

Spotify username and picture

Free/Premium Family

Country The Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro 2016

Operating System

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

Hi!

So I have a spotify account that I created with my Facebook account.

Recently I saw that there was an other device in my offline devices list that was not from me, so logicly I deleted that device. But I was still wondering how somebody could 'break in' like this. I checked in the browser in my account settings and saw the app list where my spotify is all connected to. There were a bunch of apps that didn't sound familiar, so I deleted a couple of them.

But the next thing I know my profile picture changed to a greyed out standart and my name changed to a couple of random numbers (1144198308).

I tried looking for a solution, cause I thought there was something wrong woth my facebook connection. But I think the connection is still there but my name a picture wont change back.

Could somebody please help me to link my facebook picture and name to mij spotify account again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, this one is not showing profile picture and display name is just numbers. 

Can you check here if option to "Process my Facebook data" is enabled? If it is, please toggle it off and back on. 

The clean reinstall might still be helpful.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @hessel888,

To make sure your account is connected to Facebook: 

• open your Spotify app, 
  • click the "V" symbol next to your username in the top-right corner, 
  • click "settings", 
  • scroll down until you see Faceboook and click "connect to Facebook".

It might take some time for your profile picture and username to update. 

If it still doesn't work, please check this support article. 

PS. If 1144198308 is your account, then on your Spotify profile there's a profile picture and username is displayed as a name, not numbers. 

Hi @Emilia_8

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately this didnt help for mu problem.

I followed the steps to check if my spotify account was connected to my facebook account. but when I went over to settings in spotify I couldn't find anythong for Facebook.

I checked the article you linked in, and they sad i should looked into facbeook if there was a connection from there. I saw that Facebook did linked my facebook to spotify. 

But nothing has changed since 1,5 week ago. and still nog profile picture or name.

What do you mean by de p.s? if you look up my account do you see a name and picture?

Hi @hessel888,

Thanks for giving it a try. 

Yes, when I searched for the account using that username (numbers), the display name is actually Sascha Philotas and there's a profile picture. I tried it on desktop and mobile. 

This might be caused by your device, since your profile seems to be displaying correctly on my end. 

I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app on that device. It's different than regular reinstall. Just find your device in this article and follow the provided steps. It should refresh everything. 

Hi @Emilia_8

I think i made a type in the numbers. the last numbers is not an 8 but a 3. si it is 1144198303. (my name isnt Sascha Philotas haha) Could you check again if you can see my name and profile picture? My name is Hessel.

And if you still can see a name and profiel picture, then i guess i should try a cleaan install.

Thanks you already for all the help

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, this one is not showing profile picture and display name is just numbers. 

Can you check here if option to "Process my Facebook data" is enabled? If it is, please toggle it off and back on. 

The clean reinstall might still be helpful.

Wauw thanks! 

This worked immediately the moment I swithed it on, thank you so much.

It is weird that I really could not find this solution anywere on spotify, while it is so simple. Maybe this should be notified somewere. or maybe im just blind and am i the only one who didn's see it haha

Anyway, thanks again!

No problem! I'm happy, I could help. 

Thank you for accepting my answer as a solution, this makes it easier to find for other users. 

Suggested posts