Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify username became numbers

Spotify username became numbers

So randomly today, my Spotify username went from my actual username to appearing in collaborative playlists, etc. as a bunch of numbers, which I have to assume is my user number.

I restarted and did clean installs, but that didn't change anything. Any way to fix this?

1 Reply

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community! I'll be assisting you on this one 🙂

As you said, it is your device username (If you have a Facebook account, the numbers are your username. If you have a common Spotify account, then the numbers are an alternative username). It sometimes can get bugged and you may have your device username as numbers (happens to me with Facebook that instead of having my name, I only see numbers).

Reinstalls won't do the trick, it just happens from time to time with the data provided from the servers.

To make it brief, it would seem to be a problem with the backend servers which is causing some sorts of account issues. You can use the contact form and someone at Spotify will take a look for you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

If there's anything else I can do, please let me know!

Suggested posts