Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify username is a bunch of random characters even after connecting to facebook..

Solved!

Spotify username is a bunch of random characters even after connecting to facebook..

I chose a username, tyrell0570, however in the app it shows a bunch of random usernames and i can't stop, but being annoyed by it. I connected to facebook and it still the same. I got spotify premium on it because it was just the username i had chosen. Then it changed.

Plan

Premium

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Tyrell0570 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Actually, when you choose a display name, even if you connect your Spotify account to your Facebook, the name you've chosen is the one that will appear on your profile, playlists or the app. 

If you've chosen a display name, but it seems to not work well and you're seeing a bunch of letters and numbers instead of your display name, I recommend that you go-ahead this Ongoing Issue thread and provide us the required information. 

On the other hand, you can always start over with a new account following the steps in this Spotify Answer

More information about usernames or ways to "change" it here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Tyrell0570 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Actually, when you choose a display name, even if you connect your Spotify account to your Facebook, the name you've chosen is the one that will appear on your profile, playlists or the app. 

If you've chosen a display name, but it seems to not work well and you're seeing a bunch of letters and numbers instead of your display name, I recommend that you go-ahead this Ongoing Issue thread and provide us the required information. 

On the other hand, you can always start over with a new account following the steps in this Spotify Answer

More information about usernames or ways to "change" it here:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I replied on the ongoing thread with the information, but no response so far

Hey again, @Tyrell0570 

Yep! Thank you for your reply there. Have in mind that the Ongoing Issue process is slower than the common threads like this one, per example. 

Each OI is analyzed following some rules and reported to the correct and specific Staff team and they will work on a solution for the issue. Sometimes it demands some time, so I just ask for your patience for now. 

If necessary, if you have any further questions, let me know here. I'd love to continue helping you.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts