Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not let me close my account

Spotify will not let me close my account

So I followed this link https://support.spotify.com/us/close/

in order to close my account. Upon clicking CLOSE MY ACCOUNT instead of receiving an email that my account is being closed I've been getting an email that looks like this Screenshot 2016-02-05 at 1.13.01 AM.png

I've tried multiple times and have been getting the same thing. I have no idea what to do.

2 Replies

I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

It does the same thing to me. It asks me to enter my password to close my account. Upon doing so, it THEN tells me that my password is incorrect. Ok fine, I will assume that I ACCIDENTLY typed the wrong password upwards of 10 times. So I chose the option to change my password. Then I purposely logged out and logged back in with the new password to see if it worked, which it did. I went through the process again of closing my account and having to enter my password in order to do so. I entered the new password I just made and they are STILL saying it's an incorrect password. I AGAIN gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed that it was user error. I entered it again and again to no avail.Finally, I copied and pasted it to assure no errors and STILL it will not let me close my account. I received the same email. If you have any questions, to use the community or Twitter. Um......???

Suggested posts