Spotify without Facebook

Solved!

Re: Spotify without Facebook

Stupify
Community Legend

Going to have to explain this again, but it works for you because you have an old account. Since last September Spotify has removed the ability to make a Spotify account and requires new users to log in with Facebook.

dr_lard

Dear Spotify,

I don't have a Facebook account, never will, and don't appreciate being forced to use one to be able to add friends, share and recommend stuff. In sum:

YOU SUCK.

Good luck with your business, but you won't get a cent from me.

Spotify
Spotify

Dr_lard - As you created an old account over in the UK a while ago, you don't need a Facebook account at all for any of the functions you mention. Just use the username 'dr_lard' to log in, and you should be sorted.

If you're now abroad and need the country in your account changing, just head here. If you need any help at all, our Customer Support team would be more than happy to help. Just go here and fill in the form. They'll then get back to you as soon as they can. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

user-removed
Not applicable

This is how to do it:

Actually there is!

1) Create a fake facebook account

2) Sign up to spotify

3) get "Spotify device password" this username and password works in Spotifty.com, iPhone, Windows app, etc can be used instead of facebook

4) DELETE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

mat000000000000
Music Fan

That does not work.... unless you have an "old plan". 

If you have a new plan, and you delete facebook, you can't login and it won't work. 

user-removed
Not applicable
It seems to work fine for me with "Spotify device password." http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/ With this password I can login with the "Spotify Details" login option to spotify desktop app, spotify.com website, etc. If it does stop working like this I will simply call my credit card company, dispute the charges and then find a better music service.

mat000000000000
Music Fan

The only better music service is Microsoft's Zune.... but that is only on Windows Phone 7.  I have it on my Windows phone and computer, and it works great.... I'd like to get an android, but Zune is not there... spotify is the only option, IMO. 

If you had a Windows phone, then you would be using zune, it is light years ahead of spotify in terms of music and definitely the user interface.  Spotify can't compete when it comes to the user interface in Zune (on pc or mobile phone). 

And you don't have to call your credit card company... that makes little to no sense... you would have to lie in order to get the charges reversed... but you have "x" many days at spotify to simply cancel your account.  Use that time to test the service...

Stupify
Community Legend

Yes, that does indeed work and I've posted about it before, resulting in moderators deleting said post.

Spotify's "partnership" with Facebook involves customer support lying to their userbase that Facebook is a requirement to log in. I'm just playing along and being as negative as possible about it.

Doing that method will result in your username being a bunch of numbers.

user-removed
Not applicable

Well also this did fix my issue about logins.

Login with Facebook to Spotify iPhone App

Restart iPhone

Spotify iPhone app requests to login

Login with "Spotify device password" to iPhone app

Restart iPhone

No need to login

I only discovered this after being stuck on a 10 hour flight with no music to listen to. 

Highlighted

Richard
Roadie

Hey all, we've seen a number of users posting workarounds for the FB connection. We just need to state that we can't recommend using this method as it will create a number of problems with your account.

Deleting the Facebook account will cause problems with the social connection in Spotify for instance and you'll receive errors in the client. We won't be able to help you fix this unfortunately.

We might delete posts with instructions on how to do this if we feel it's appropriate. We'd rather not be overwhelmed by reports of users suddenly complaining their Spotify social isn't working after following these steps.

We don't mean to be overbearing on this, we'd just rather avoid any problems or confusion that could result otherwise. Thanks for your understanding.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
SUGGESTED POSTS