Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't connect to my Facebook

Spotify won't connect to my Facebook

Hey guys!

I've been having the following problem:
I had a Spotify account prior to the one I have now.
the first one I set up using my facebookAccount. since somebody else was using my first account, as well, I wanted to get rid of it & simply set up a new Spotify (the one I'm using now). this time I didn't set it up with facebook.
now I'd like to link my facebook to my new Spotify, but nothing I try & do seems to work.
I've tried:
• logging out & back in (both Spotify & facebook).
• deleting the SpotifyApp for/on facebook.
• contacting the SpotifySupportCrew via the SupportForm, but I never got an answer, except for the automated message.
• logging back into my old Spotify, which I set up using facebook. but when I do, I get the following notification: "Login failed. You can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days."

now I'm at a total loss here, as you can see, clearly.
so please, help me dissolve this issue as soon as possible. it can't be all to complicated, right?

cheers
5 Replies

Hey @coocooxenia,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Do you get any specific error message in the client when you are trying to link your Facebook account?

Meanwhile, it's a good idea to reply back to that email from the Support form (even if it's from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

hey Dreadlord!

nothing in particular pops up. in fact, when I click on the "Connect to facebook"-button, it just loads for a second & then opens up the facebookApp on my iPhone. immediately after, it goes back to the SpotifyApp & nothing happened. the same "Connect to facebook"-Button is still there. when I clicked it repeatedly, my phone performed the same routine, time & time again.

I'll try answering to the no reply-mail & hope the best.
still, when you know anything else that could help me any further, I'd really appreciate it!

Hey @coocooxenia,

You have to use the Desktop client to connect your account to Facebook : )

didn't work either..

Hey @coocooxenia,

Alright then, Customer Support is your best shot right now, because we don't have many tools to troubleshoot this : ) 

Suggested posts