Spotify won't recognize my Google account

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

Motorola Z2 Play, Windows 10 PC

My Question or Issue

Sometime between Saturday, October 24th, and Monday, October 26th, the Spotify app on my phone logged off my main account without my consent. My account was about 2 weeks old by this time, and I had been listening to it off and on for the entire time. When I went to search for music the app didn't log me in, and when I tried to log in via email+password, it sent me an Email to log in through that.

The link was supposed to expire in 4 hours, but had apparently expired within the 20 seconds that it took me to press it. I hit the resend option, and the link expired in the 5 seconds it took me to hit that time around. I tried to have it resend again, but the email failed to be sent. This happened repeatedly over the course of the last 2 days, and no progress has been made.

Finally, I tried to log in via PC, but according to the desktop website, my Email isn't connected to any account. I tried to sign up using the same Google account, but both the app and the site state that the email is connected to a Spotify account.

That leaves me with the question of whether or not my Spotify account even exists anymore, and if my Google account is connected to it, as I had to create a new account specifically so I could ask this question.

Is this a known issue?

If so, is there a known fix?

If not, is there a way to repair the account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @DudeNugget!

Thanks for your reply. In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify here for more help. They'll be able to take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @DudeNugget!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode?

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I attempted to sign in via 4 separate browsers, as well as incognito/private mode for each, and the same conflicting errors occur.

Marked as solution

Hello @DudeNugget!

Thanks for your reply. In this case, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify here for more help. They'll be able to take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts