Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't take my credit card anymore!

Spotify won't take my credit card anymore!

Spotify won't take my credit card for Premium! It's taken it twice, now it won't. HELP!

9 Replies

i have the same problem, i says that i don't have enough money on it but i do! i checked everytime and there is more than enough for premium. 1 month ago i payed the premium, and everything worked fine, but now whenever i try(my account doesn't have premium anymore, don't know why) to buy i back it says I don't have enough money, or that my card is wrong, or something else is wrong so I have to log out and log in again. Why? i have enough money, my card is not expired and i've already logged out and logged in 3 times!

Any ideas?  

HI ccorrall & Falka- I recommend making sure your credit cards still meet all of the following requirements to work on our system: 

1. Your card must not have expired. 

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries).

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Once you have checked all of the above, please try again to subscribe from the subscription page of your account.

If you continue to have trouble upgrading, please fill out our contact form. Our payments team can then lend you a hand. 

I have the same problem, I live in Australia, but my credit card is regisetered in Italy.

What can I do? 

Irenegerardi - Your payment card needs to be from the country in your account, so in this case, Australia. As we haven't launched in Italy, we can't accept an Italian card.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spotyfy premium have vanished from me today. i did everything and it wont exept my payment, i my credit card hasnt expired yet either i have logged in and out almost the whole day!

i just get this all the time "Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscription page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again." 

what shall i do???

I found a little way around this for you to keep your subscription going.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Credit-Card-Declined-Heres-a-fix/td-p/270...

If it doesn't accept your card using my method, add it to your paypal than pay with paypal. Hope I helped!

Everything on mine is matched as it is done through Facebook and it STILL doesn't accept it , you can't keep saying the same thing. Sort it out

Also I have spotify on my laptop and I don't mind the adverts because they are giving us free music which is class but to get it on my phone I need premium so all I'm trying to do is bust out the 30 day trial to see if i use it enough on my phone to make it worth it so why should I need to put my card details in at the start and then have to cancel it instead of just being asked at the end if the trial if I want to pay for it?

@Parkerpark11 wrote:
Also I have spotify on my laptop and I don't mind the adverts because they are giving us free music which is class but to get it on my phone I need premium so all I'm trying to do is bust out the 30 day trial to see if i use it enough on my phone to make it worth it so why should I need to put my card details in at the start and then have to cancel it instead of just being asked at the end if the trial if I want to pay for it?

Hey 🙂 

You need to enter your card details because of the way the trial is set up. 

Unlike the free 48 hour trial you get when you first sign into a mobile device, the 30 day trial is actually the first month of a rolling monthly subscription, just with the first bill being £0.00. That is just how it is set up, and makes it much easier if you want to continue listening after the free trial is over, since you will just be billed automatically.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts