Plan

Premium (recently upgraded to Duo)

Country

USA & Canada

Device

Desktop (Windows 10), Desktop (Windows 8), iPhone, Android, Macbook

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi all, recently upgraded to a Duo account to add my wife to my account so we could have one bill. I have an account opened in the US, but now live in Canada. Spotify continued to work the same when I moved. My wife also opened an account, but it is Canadian based. We live at the same address.

When I upgraded to Duo and put in our street address, I was able to activate and switch to the new plan. However, when my wife put in our address it said she was unable to join.

The error said we need to have "the same address" (we do). Our IP and everything is coming from the same place. Do I need to update our address on our individual account? Looking for any suggestions, thanks.

Side note: Posting to this forum isn't intuitive, had to Google how to submit a new issue.

1 Reply

Hi there @zubrun,

thanks for reaching out !

For Premium Duo/Family to work properly, all members should resign under the same address.

Having the same address means both the address and country should match.

In this case, as your accounts are signed under two different countries, there's going to be an issue matching the address you mentioned.

If you're both located in Canada, both accounts should have Canada under the accounts country settings.

You can read all about Premium Duo here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts