Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starbucks Spotify Premium Not Working

Starbucks Spotify Premium Not Working

I've been a partner since 2013 and Ive been using Spotify for around 2 years. When I opened the app today on my iPhone it said I had the free version. I found the link that I used to register with my partner numbers on my phone and when I logged in it said I already had premium through starbucks. I logged out and logged back in on my phone and it still says I only have the free version? 

Any ideas on how I can get it back on my phone? 

11 Replies

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone7 plus, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

I have been a starbucks partner for a gar and half and have been using the premium discount for starbucks partners. It has worked great since I stated it 13 months and this morning it said that my plan is the free plan. When I go to reset it on the starbucks parter & Spotify account it says mines right on the register

Had the same exact problem this morning was driving and a random add came on and I went to check out the thing online and it said I already had the membership. Weird. 

Same deal, guys. Woke up just a half hour ago to find out my Spotify stopped playing my track to help me sleep and found out my account is on “free” status. Updated app, logged in/out, found the original link off he partner hub, Spotify says I “already have premium” but the app says different. Not sure what’s up but this is a drag 😠

My account is also having this issue. I checked online and it still states I should have premium but on both my phone and computer it's stating I'm on a free account. 

I've done the clean reinstall of the app on my phone and it didn't improve the situation. 

Same problem for me too

This has happened before with many Starbucks premium members, myself included – around the same time last year too, I believe – when accounts were downgraded. It sorted itself out eventually from what I recall, despite multiple threads being posted on here and elsewhere like Reddit.

Hope it gets fixed soon because the functionality on the free version sucks big time (sorry, but I'd rather not be stuck with shuffle mode only like an **bleep** - edit: really, that gets bleeped? jfc). I almost thought the app auto-updated, because the UI changed suddenly. I've been trying to avoid an update given the negative feedback on the redesign.

P.S. Spotify, why do you suck so hard nowadays? Asking for a friend.

I had the same problem this morning. What is going on I have been a partner for over 5 years. Spotify a little help please? 

So, I just woke up again and found that my Spotify is back to normal. Like what another posteand mentioned: this has occurred multiple times in the past and eventually works it myself out. We’re in the waiting game now. Just give it Time. I first realized it went out at 5am PST and at 7:45am PST it’s now back to normal. Give it Time 🙂

**bleep** sorry for the typos. Literally still in bed groggy and drowsy.

All is well with my account. Wouldn't be surprised if this happens again next year.

So it goes.

Get your act together, corporate.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

It sounds like this has been resolved for most users. However, if you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to reach out to Starbucks here.

Hope that helps! 

spotify:track:1u8c2t2Cy7UBoG4ArRcF5g

Suggested posts