Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred playlist doesn't publish listens to Facebook

Solved!

Starred playlist doesn't publish listens to Facebook

Seemingly since I reinstalled Spotify on my PC, or when I updated my iDevices to the new version of the iOS app, any music I listen to that's playing from my Starred playlist no longer appears on my Facebook. Yet whenever I play songs from any other playlist, it will appear no worries.

I cannot find any options to specifically specify what Spotify activity to share to Facebook, so I'm assuming those sorts of options don't exist. I seem to have also discovered that if I "unpublish" my Starred playlist, then it will sometimes show what I'm listening to on Facebook from that playlist. The Starred playlist is also my only published playlist.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the apps on my devices, and I've removed and readded my Facebook account as well, and removed Spotify from my Facebook account on FB's side.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmm, ok. Using it today and I noticed that songs from the Starred playlist are publishing to Facebook again! I didn't change anything, so who knows, probably a temporary glitch.

Ah well, thanks everyone for their responses!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Is it set to publish to Facebook in the Spotify preferences?

Liam

Does the Facebook app have permission to post on your behalf?

Everything is set to publish to Facebook as it should be. Take note that other playlists appear on my Facebook fine, so hypothetically, if I have a playlist called "Chilling" that i'm listening to, it will show up on Facebook that I'm listening to a song on it. It's just the Starred playlist that plays from it don't publish.

@Swanny wrote:

any music I listen to that's playing from my Starred playlist no longer appears on my Facebook. Yet whenever I play songs from any other playlist, it will appear no worries.

Swanny - Is it all of your tracks in your starred list that aren't showing in Facebook, or just a few? Are you able to 'share' these tracks to Facebook?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Whenever I have the Starred playlist NOT published, some songs from the playlist will appear on my Facebook, but not all of them. I haven't been able to get any to appear on Facebook when I publish the playlist though.

Do you have private session on?

Definitely not. I did use the private session a short time before the issue started happening, but I don't know if that's just a coincidence or not. It's definitely been turned off since.

Also, as I've said twice now, it works fine when I play from other playlists. It's just not working on the starred playlist...

Marked as solution

Hmm, ok. Using it today and I noticed that songs from the Starred playlist are publishing to Facebook again! I didn't change anything, so who knows, probably a temporary glitch.

Ah well, thanks everyone for their responses!

I  have the opposite!! Facebook shares songs I didn't listen to. So now my friends think I'm only listening musical songs (what I do once a month), while I'm listen to meral 24/7. Very weird. How to fix this?

Try changing your password on Spotify and or Facebook. Are you sure that you haven't left yourself logged in on another computer, meaning your account could possibly be being used by someone else?

@StephanievH wrote:

I  have the opposite!! Facebook shares songs I didn't listen to. So now my friends think I'm only listening musical songs (what I do once a month), while I'm listen to meral 24/7. Very weird. How to fix this?

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify community!

Chances are if your facebook account is displaying songs you aren't listening to, someone else is using your account. Please see this post for more information about how to force logout of all devices.

Please also reset your password to prevent anyone else logging in.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

This issue may be solved for this person, but the issue itself is NOT solved. I've shared my issue (with absolutely no reply and nothing done) about a month ago (starred playlists not updating at all on FB) and it seems that the issue is just being ignored. I even provided screenshots and everything. Ridiculous.

@rodpitts wrote:

This issue may be solved for this person, but the issue itself is NOT solved. I've shared my issue (with absolutely no reply and nothing done) about a month ago (starred playlists not updating at all on FB) and it seems that the issue is just being ignored. I even provided screenshots and everything. Ridiculous.

I think this is an issue on the Facebook side with all of the recent timeline changes. 

The community is not an ideal place to report things like this, I would suggest you open a ticket with Spotify support directly (and link them to your topic) here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can anyone Please answer me ??

I have a few playlists, including a "Starred" Playlist, and my Spotify account is linked to my fb account. I also have a number of "Starred" songs on my Facebook Timeline, and every song I listen to is shared with my FB friends. However, about a week ago, every song I  added to my "Starred" Playlist stopped publishing to my facebook page, even though it does get added to my spotify "starred" playlist, and when I listen to my "Starred" songs, it shows on fb that I am listening to every starred song... The problem is that the newly "Starred" songs on my Playlist are not being published/posted to my fb page collection like they were in the beginning. I only have 32 songs on my "Starred" playlist on my fb page, though I actually have over 300 "Starred" songs in Spotify Playlist.

Can anyone provide the right answer ? How can I get my newly added Starred songs to start publishing again directly back on to my facebook page? I haven't changed anything.

Thank you ! 

Strange, do you have a Spotify username style account @dnickyjd or do you login using your Facebook details? 

The Facebook starred appears to only show things I have starred recently rather than all of my starred tracks too.

Peter

I log in with my regular fb details. I changed nothing.

Peter, and my timeline hasn't even been showing songs I've recently "starred." But, it does say what I am listening to on the homepage/ticker/newsfeed- but it does not get added to my "Starred" playlist on my Timeline.

My only problem is that any song that I 'star' does not added on my fb Timeline, even though every playlist is set to 'publish.' Does anyone know how to fix this ?

@dnickyjd - Is your Spotify username "dnickyjd"? 

Peter

Suggested posts