Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starring completely broken

Solved!

Starring completely broken

I am a premium user and for a long time now my starred list seems to be damaged in some way.

I have 69 tracks in my starred list which seem to be fine, but every song I star dissapears as soon as I close Spotify.

I can star a song, clearly see it go into the starred list "and" see it sync to the computer. But as soon as I close Spotify/restart PC etc, they all dissapear again!

I have re-installed and I have tried it on another computer, same thing.

Firstly, can you recover all the starred items from the past few weeks, and secondly.. what the hell is going on? I know its a small thing but its really putting me off using the service right now.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorted! support said my Starred list had duplicated itself, meaning it had become corrupt. They deleted the duplicate and now everything is functional on Spotify AND my windows phone app is suddenly working perfectly too!

Excellent ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

13 Replies

It seems I can make playlists, and they save the files just fine. But the starred list doesn't work at all.

Can you try logging in an starring a single track on the web player and then trying again in the desktop client and see if it then works?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It did, I managed to star an item on the web player and it stayed this time.

So whats going on then? I get the feeling this is an account thing because I use 3 machines where this problem always occurs since a few weeks ago.

x2 Windows 8.1 computers at home

x1 Windows 7 Pro computer at work, all fail to save a starred item.

They are all using the latest version of spotify too.

In fact, the starred list is entirely broken on my Windows phone 7.8 too. But its not the saving starred items problem; Whenever I use Spotify on my phone my starred list says "Loading" permenantly, it never recovers and I can't click on it to see any music, even though I also synced them for offline mode. On top of that, I uninstalled - reinstalled the app on my windows phone, IT STILL SAYS LOADING!

Around the time I couldn't save tracks to my starred list anymore, I also couldn't access the starred list at all on my phone.

How many tracks do you have on your starred list? Now that you have done it from the web player, do they also stay in the desktop clients?

Peter

It seems so, i've tried a few times and they've all stayed.. Except the spotify app on my phone still has the "LOADING" error.

Can you explain whats happened? so I know how to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Its similar to this problem http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Playlists-Loading/td-p/81435/highlig...

Except its only for the starred list.

This could be being caused by the playlist being slightly corrupt on Spotify's end, but its impossible to tell without access to your account. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to check it out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I shall do that, thank you.

Marked as solution

Sorted! support said my Starred list had duplicated itself, meaning it had become corrupt. They deleted the duplicate and now everything is functional on Spotify AND my windows phone app is suddenly working perfectly too!

Excellent ๐Ÿ™‚

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know! ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter

This same thing is happenign to me. Every song I star ends up disappearing from my starred playlist within a day or two. Really frustrating. 

Please help!

Can you star a single track from the web player (play.spotify.com) and then try again from your other app?

Peter

Just did. They currently show up in both. But I assume within a day or two they will disappear as usual.

Suggested posts