Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Started Free Trial - now EVERYTHING is gone

Started Free Trial - now EVERYTHING is gone

So I downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone, intending to upgrade to a premium account and it started me with 40 free hours. The problem is, now I don't have any starred music, playlists, following/followers, etc. Recommendations are reset and everything. It's totally wiped, like it's a brand new account.

The worst part of this is that the playlist for my upcoming wedding (2 weeks away) that I've spent countless hours working on has disappeared. I'm SO upset about this.

I've tried logging out and back in on both my Mac and my iPhone. I've tried logging in with both my Spotify credentials and my Facebook account. Doesn't work.

Can this be fixed? Or should I just not buy Premium b/c it's pointless if all my stuff disappears. Does this happen to everybody who decides to start a premium trial? If so, you should REALLY warn people before they do it. I didn't even know that by logging into the app on my phone a trial would be starting.

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

This shouldn't happen, something has gone wrong somewhere. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to recover your account and your playlists for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, Peter, I'll give that a try.

Suggested posts