Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Started family subscription after moving to different country

Solved!

Started family subscription after moving to different country

I have recently moved from The Netherlands to Germany and changed my free subscription to a family subscription. For my family members to benefit from this, they need to be on the same address as me obviously, but I am however stuck in the Spotify database or something, as it still flags me as a Dutch resident.

I am currently unable to change this in any way. I cannot change the information in the web portal from Spotify, as it's greyed out, or just loops back to the same help topic, that directed me towards the 'update profile' page. My account is also linked to my FaceBook account, which already knows i'm living abroad.

Can someone please help me, or am i seriously not able to use a family account myself? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ivand1

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Just to check, has your payment method been updated to one allowed for your new country?

If not, you can do this by:
> Heading to the account page.
> Select Subscription from the menu on the left.
> Click on UPDATE.
> Enter your payment details.
> You will then be prompted to change the country settings for your account.

At the next billing date, your country will change to your new country in your settings.

If it's looping back before this is possible, are you able to try from a different device?

We'll keep helping, so let us know 🙂

/M 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @ivand1, welcome to the Community!

In this case, you'll need to update your country setting following the steps listed here. If you have any trouble, try following the steps using an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @SergioDavid, thanks for taking the time to reply!

The source of my problem is not being able to change my country settings. It keeps looping back to the https://support.spotify.com/de/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/ page, but the country stays greyed oud and I am thus unable to change this. 

I also tried incognito, as you suggested, but this hasn't given me any different options. Any other ideas?

Kind regards,

Ivan

Marked as solution

Hey, @ivand1

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Just to check, has your payment method been updated to one allowed for your new country?

If not, you can do this by:
> Heading to the account page.
> Select Subscription from the menu on the left.
> Click on UPDATE.
> Enter your payment details.
> You will then be prompted to change the country settings for your account.

At the next billing date, your country will change to your new country in your settings.

If it's looping back before this is possible, are you able to try from a different device?

We'll keep helping, so let us know 🙂

/M 

Suggested posts