Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting Family subscription - will I pay twice?

Solved!

Starting Family subscription - will I pay twice?

Hi! I have Spotify Premium but want to change to family membership. My £10 was paid yesterday but I want to upgrade today - will I have to loose a month payment or will I only be charged £5 fo upgrade for the first month? ( ie I paid £10 yesterday - will I pay £15 today effectivly costing me £25 this month?) Hope that makes sense! THanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kerryjay100, and thanks for your post about upgrading to Premium for Family. We look forward to have you on board!

So, your payment yesterday was for one month of Spotify Premium. If you upgrade to Premium for Family today, you won't be charged for the family rate right away.

Any remaining Premium time you have will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. We do this to automatically make room for your intended members so they can enjoy Premium automatically.

You can review your renewal date on the subscription page here.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you have further questions, feel free to let me know 🙂

Thanks,

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @kerryjay100,

When you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, any remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks - I did see that wording on the website however it doesn't seem to make sense. I get that the payment is brought forward ie the £10 I paid yesterday and the new payment if £15 today, what I don't get is if the £10 I paid yesterday counts for anything or is it just a months payment i only get a days use out of? I would have thought a reduced payment to top it up would have made more sense, or a  payment brought back rather than foward.  Confused!! Would I just be better off delaying my family subscription to the day before my next payment is due?

Well, if you don't want to be charged for one month Premium for Family and then have any remaining time of Premium that you've already paid for converted into a Premium for Family subscription, please upgrade to Premium for Family one day before the next payment due date for Premium :).

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by converted? That is the wording that is puzzling me. Because if I am paying twice, my payment isn't being 'converted'. Either some of my payment this month will count, or it is a totally new payment. Paying twice is not converting a payment. 

The remaining days of Premium will be converted to the Premium for Family subscription and that will bring your next payment date forward.

MaximSpotify Star

see previous message

Marked as solution

Hey @kerryjay100, and thanks for your post about upgrading to Premium for Family. We look forward to have you on board!

So, your payment yesterday was for one month of Spotify Premium. If you upgrade to Premium for Family today, you won't be charged for the family rate right away.

Any remaining Premium time you have will be converted into a Premium for Family subscription, so this can bring your next payment date forward. We do this to automatically make room for your intended members so they can enjoy Premium automatically.

You can review your renewal date on the subscription page here.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you have further questions, feel free to let me know 🙂

Thanks,

Many thanks Mary - that makes sense now!  I appreciate it!

Suggested posts