Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting fresh (without Facebook) but still chained- help

Starting fresh (without Facebook) but still chained- help

So my account is through Facebook and I even bought the student subscription. 

However, I've been trying to leave facebook via deactivation for month, but always fail to remember that my Spotify is created through Facebook and that I don't have an independent account. 

After reading several FAQs, I decided to start fresh and make an entirely new account and resubscribe after I unsub with my facebook one. It means losing all of my playlists, but I've accepted it at this point.

Here's my problem: I unsubbed with my facebook one and tried to apply the same deal with my new account- card info, university, everything. However, it denies it y saying that the info is linked to another account (my facebook one).

Now I'm trying to terminate my facebook-linked account, and when I went to the "close account" page, they instead have me fill out a survey-like form instead of letting me wipe this account.

I'd just like to be able to apply my info to my new account.

1 Reply

EDIT
I'm even open to maintaining my original account and simply disconnecting it from Facebook, if at all possible.

I ultimately want to be able to deactivate Facebook without it affecting my Spotify.

Suggested posts