Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still can't use my spotify promo from Rogers. Never had spotify before.

Still can't use my spotify promo from Rogers. Never had spotify before.

This is my second time asking about this on this site. Why can't I use my promo code provided by Rogers. I never had spotify before but anytime I try to use the codes it tells me I already had an account and I am not eligible. I gave talked to Rogers several times about this and the sent me 3 new codes but I still get the same error message. With the package I signed up for I should have 2 free 6month trial accounts with spotify. One for my phone one for the girlfriends phone. But again she gets the same message and also never had spotify before. Would be nice if I could get a response as this is the 2nd post I am making on this issue and can't find a number to call or even a customer service email.

9 Replies

Hey @Nova79,

Please reach out to Rogers about this issue, so that they can look into it.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have reached out to Rogers as you would see if you actually read the message. They have provided me with 3 new codes already and say there is nothing else they can do it is something I need to contact spotify about. So once again don't tell me to take it to Rogers they already said it has to go through spotify at this point.

I did read your message 🙂

Since your Spotify subscription would be through Rogers, you need to reach out to them about this.

Thanks.

MaximSpotify Star

I am not sure what you don't understand about the English I am using but that has already been done several times and it has reached the point that ROGERS has said IT MUST GO THROUGH SPOTIFY AT THIS TIME THERE IS NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO. So again if you have nothing tangible to add please stay off my feed and allow someone that can actually provide some assistance to reply. 

Maybe to clarify for you my account is not through Rogers it is through spotify. Rogers just provides a promo code that should give 6 months of premium free. 

Hey @Nova79,

Thanks for your patience while I was double checking some things 🙂

You'll definitely need to reach back out to Rogers about this, as they're the ones who will be/are providing the Spotify Premium subscription.

Let me know if you've got any questions.

MaximSpotify Star

Once again this is no help at all. The only thing Rogers has to do with this is they provide the promo code. Everything else goes through spotify. As I stated already I have contacted Rogers several times and they tried everything they could on their end and have provided me with several different codes. None of it has worked so at this point ROGERS SAYS IT MUST GO THROUGH SPOTIFY THERE IS NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO!!!!! so here I am and instead of getting any help the only person that actually replies ( not a spotify employee) keeps trying to redirect me to my phone company who has already exhausted all their options to help me and apologetically sent me to Spotify to ask for help as it must be on their end. 

Hey @Nova79,

Thanks for reaching out via the Community about this.

As suggested, it's definitely worth going back to Rogers to get more info on your subscription, and to ask about the code they provide. 

Because you say you've already reached out to them, we'd now recommend reaching out to our official Spotify support. You can get in contact with us directly, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further with this from there.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here on the Community if you need help with anything else.

Well after a ton of searching I found the email contact for spotify customer care and they were actually able to help me. Just to clarify it had nothing to do with Rogers or the codes they provided it was a spotify issue as I was saying from the word go. So the both of you may want to do some actual research and fully read message feeds before you give a potential paying customer the run around and just try to bounce them back to a different company and say it must be a issue with them.

A big THANK YOU to Kim the customer service representative that actually took the time to read and understand my problem and offered solutions on the spotify end of things till we got the issue fixed. 

Suggested posts