Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still getting charged for Spotify Unlimited, but account acts as free account

Solved!

Still getting charged for Spotify Unlimited, but account acts as free account

Plan: Unlimited

Devices: Macbook Pro mid 2014, Galaxy S9, JBL link google home speaker

I got an email telling me my plan will change to free, as unlimited is phasing out. Fine. However I've still been charged on the 3rd of September, my account profile shows I'm still on unlimited but I've been locked out of the unlimited options such as skipping tracks, skimming, selecting specific songs etc. Same on macbook, phone and google speaker - it just says "You need to get spotify premium to select songs". This is as of yesterday I think, it always worked for specific songs before that. Seems the phase-out of unlimited is not going well. Please fix my account, giving me unlimited functionality back OR refund the last months bill and allow me to upgrade to premium. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In case anyone else had this issue:

Turns out Spotify Connect (i.e. switching playback devices seamlessly) was recently disabled for Unlimited accounts - this was why I was not getting full control using my laptop, since I was connected to the speaker at the time. I chatted with support who were happy to refund my previous payment and I've since upgraded to premium. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @StephenHay,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a look at your account and give you a hand with this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

In case anyone else had this issue:

Turns out Spotify Connect (i.e. switching playback devices seamlessly) was recently disabled for Unlimited accounts - this was why I was not getting full control using my laptop, since I was connected to the speaker at the time. I chatted with support who were happy to refund my previous payment and I've since upgraded to premium. 

Suggested posts