Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen Credit Card used on Spotify

Solved!

Stolen Credit Card used on Spotify

Hello,
My name is Deanna. Last night someone apparently stole my credit card number and charged $128.15 on Spotify. The charge is still pending, I would like it cancelled before it goes through. I wanted to see if there is anything that can be done so this person could be reported to the authorities. My card is now cancelled and I'm taking care of things on my end, but I would love for this person to be caught and reported. I have tried multiple times to get into contact with anyone from Spotify, I've emailed and used twitter but I still haven't heard from anyone. 

Thank you for any help.
Deanna

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They take at the most 24 hrs to get back.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@Jabberwocky138

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

I've tried contacting through that forum and still haven't reached anyone.
Marked as solution

They take at the most 24 hrs to get back.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Update: I received a reply later in the night from customer service, the fraudulent account was found and I will be refunded the money from my stolen credit card. I am very happy with the outcome. I still wish there was a number to call for these situations though.

Hi, my name is Shawn Garza and I am writing for my mother Tonia Ballard.  My moms credit card has been used to pay for someones premium account.  This was not authorized.  We have an idea that it might be a relatives ex girlfriend.  Her name is Ashley C. Jonas.  Her email address is ashcjonas@icloud.com.  We do not have access to her phone to cancel the account.  How do we do this without having to once again cancel my moms credit card? This is not the first time this individual has stolen my mothers credit card number.

I have a premium account ..... not with my mothers credit card, but my own.  I hope we can resolve this matter without incident too.

Sincerely,

Shawn Garza

Hello @shawndior

Sorry that you're going through that. You need fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts