Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen/Sharing Preimum Account

Stolen/Sharing Preimum Account

Hello,

About a couple of months ago, a friend of mine saw i was listening to some music that i clearly never listen. first i thought i might had logged on some other device and forgot about it. so i had changed my password and never noticed someone else is connecting with my account until yesterday.

when i opened spotify app on my iphone yesterday, my playlists were gone and were replaced with some german rap songs. so i deleted these rap playlists too immediately. anyway this morning on my way work, i opened spotify again and saw that my account is connected with some guy named patrick's iphone. patrick was having german rap party 🙂 after some pausing each other's music, finally he let me re-capture my own account. once again i've changed my password and and again thinking it is over. but is it?

is there any security leak on ios app? or web player? or connecting other social accounts? i've connected my last.fm account between these two incidents. i desperately need an answer, 'cause i'm having this fear that next time my payment information will be lost.

thanks!

spotify.png

spotify.png

3 Replies

Hey there!

If you go under your account settings on the website, you can click "sign out of all devices" and then change your password, this should sign everyone using your account out and should prevent from have your account used again, I suggest changing your password for your email too!

Let me know how this goes!

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

Yes, that did solve my problem for now. But again, this is the second time i've been dealing with this. I'll need a proper answer why it happened and how it won't happen again.

Hey there!

Thats why I suggested that you change your Email password for the account linked to your Spotify. If you change your Email password, you shouldn't have any more problems. I can assure you that details are safe on Spotiy's end and that if you change your Email password you should be good. If you change your Email password and Spotify password, see how it goes from now on. If you have more problems, feel free to DM me on the forums.

Cake | Rock Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post solved your issue - Mark it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add Kudos to it.

Feel free to ask me anything you need 🙂

Suggested posts