Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen account

Solved!

Stolen account

i have been trying recover my one account for last few days and each time i get the same standard email... use email to recover account.. i had two accounts registered to one email one was linked to facebook other was not... the one that is not was my family plan, and the account was taken.... i am frustrated that each cs rep send me same standard email i can supply the zip, paypal ID and birthdate for original creation... HOW CAN I NOT GET MY ACCOUNT back, all my friends and playlists ar eon this account how can a company this large not have a phone number.... email and twitter fail the reps keep sending me same standard emial i need real time help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Osolot,

Sorry to see that you are having this issue.  I am writing a reply to your support case 2981231 and we should have you back into your account soon.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The support reps are asking for (zip, paypal ID and the birthday you entered when making account) because they need to verify that you actually own the account.

Let's say someone emailed Spotify and told them that I stole their account when really it is my account, they need to verify information from that person to see if they really do own the account or not.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have sent multiple people the info and each time I get the same use your Facebook linked account and j reply that is a free account and I sent my birthday , zip and PayPal recent invoice and no help last response I got what someone else owns that other account and j asked than why my PayPal charged

I forwarded your post over to someone at Spotify and I'll see what they recommend.

Hopefully I'll hear back by tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you .... I can provide all original info they need just seems each time I talk to someone I get someone new and start over
Marked as solution

Hey Osolot,

Sorry to see that you are having this issue.  I am writing a reply to your support case 2981231 and we should have you back into your account soon.

Thank you Calvin, this has been resolved and appropriate actions taken on my part. Took longer than i wanted and did get angry about it but all is well this morning for me.

now i ve got this problem , my e-mail was stolen some time ago , and I forgot to change this email on spotify , now i can't reach to the account , and I can't change password . I think that this person who stoled my email had changed password to my account. I need help .

Suggested posts