Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop require facebook - there is a big positive side

Stop require facebook - there is a big positive side

People like me, are very happy that we registered before the facebook requirement came. That way we can use our Spotify account instead of a facebook account, that we don't want to use to more things then just facebook. 

And I guess money is rolling in from facebook because of ths requirement. But, there is a solution to this. Which Spotify and the users gets advantages of. Spotify team, facebook and the users will be happy. Introduce this...

Free account: To use this, you will need a facebook account. The free account can be as the current free "mode". I imagine a button on Spotify registration center that say "Register free account with Facebook".

Unlimited/Premium account: To use this, you can either use your facebook account. OR you can also use your own email address. For example when you make the account. You write in your name, date of birth, username and email address. Then you get an activation code to your email, which you confirm by clicking on a link. After that, you will be redirected to a page where you get the information about how you pay. After that you paid, you get really activated and the user can begin to listen to unlimited music. If the subscription ends, the account will get to be an free account with no need for facebook.

That way, you make both user that wants facebook happy, and also people that would like to pay, but don't want to do it because of facebook, will get happy. Because my problem isn't that there is an option to use facebook. But it is for me a BIG problem that the only option is facebook.

If facebook will be required for every Spotify user in the future, even for me. That is the day I will stop my subscription on Spotify. I like Spotify, but not enough to have no option to do what I likes the most, like it was before. With no facebook requirement.

Thanks, I hope someone reads this and actually forwards this to Spotify. And " takes my idea and puts it at the top of the pile, each day". To someday get through. What do you think about my idea? 🙂

3 Replies

I think it is going to take something more than that... something like Microsoft's Zune (rebranded X-Box Music) to "go live" on Android, iOS, BB, and Mac.  Once that happens, Spotify will look to make changes to ensure people don't leave. 

As it stands, we really don't have a place to go, unless you use Zune.  In order to use Zune, you must live in a Microsoft world.... to include Windows and Windows Phone.  No apps available for Android, etc. 

I use Zune and love it... great software.  I'm looking to purchase an Android device soon to replace my Windows Phone... one think I'm looking at is a music player. 

I don't know, maybe create a fake facebook account?  Or a temp facebook account with a temp email service, then change the email later on spotify? 

Spotify's facebook requirement is stupid. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Not-to-be-forced-into-just-Facebook/idi-p/219

Don't forget to put your kudos into this post in the forum where Spotify takes ideas from customers just to ignore them entirely. At least you can pretend in your head that Spotify cares about you.

Seriously, this feedback is being given to Spotify all the time and their response is that they do not care. 

Suggested posts