Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Strange Account Username

Solved!

Strange Account Username

Basically, when I go to the main Spotify Web Page, my username on the top-right of the screen is some strange, jumbled mess of characters that I suspect was supposed to be decrypted before showing up.

I have no idea how important the name actually is (if it was meant to be encrypted, does sharing it put my account at risk?), so I won't actually post the name here. Attatched is a screenshot of the name with red boxes blocking most of the text.

Untitled.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bobbananaville,

You probably were able to add a display name to your account when signing up. Your username on your user profile will still show as the name you've entered when signing up, and any playlists made by you will show under that name too.

The long username is the username of your account, and it's not encrypted or something. 🙂

Hope this helps to clear things up. If you have any other questions, let me know.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @bobbananaville,

You probably were able to add a display name to your account when signing up. Your username on your user profile will still show as the name you've entered when signing up, and any playlists made by you will show under that name too.

The long username is the username of your account, and it's not encrypted or something. 🙂

Hope this helps to clear things up. If you have any other questions, let me know.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts