Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Recently, Spotify started showing me all these weird suggestions for music. Music I had never heard and quite frankly didn't really like. It had songs in my 'Recently played' list that I never played.

Then a few days ago, I turned on Spotify and got the pop up that I was listening on another device. (Which very clearly wasn't the case, the computer doesn't even belong to me!!)

I can't find any suspicious devices in my offline device list (only my own phone is in there). Of course I am changing my password and logging out of all devices, but I'm still worried. I am 10000% sure that I didn't log in somewhere else and forgot about it. I just wouldn't ever do that. (Also, that would probably show in my device list or somewhere else?)

Apparently, Spotify notifications are limited to new song releases etc and they aren't interested in sending you an email when someone logs into your account from a new device or location...

So how will I know that this won't happen again? Since my Facebook is obviously linked to my Spotify account, how does Spotify guarantee that these data haven't been breached??

I hope someone can explain to me what has been going on and how to fix it.

1 Reply

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Jack

Suggested posts