Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Account Disabled

Solved!

Student Account Disabled

Hello! Long time user of Spotify encountering my first ever problem. I signed up for my premium account a while back as a student and I was being charged accordingly until atleast a month ago when I was charged the full price. I didn't notice until today when I was, again, overcharged. Unfortunately, there's no way (that I could find) through my account to reenable this setting. Any help appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tripkid! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That sounds not nice.

The thing is the Student discount lasts only 12 months. Maybe your discount expired.

I suggest you to sign into the student discount again. And your discount will be applied on your next payment day. ^^

You can also take a look at the Student discount help site.

Peace

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @tripkid! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That sounds not nice.

The thing is the Student discount lasts only 12 months. Maybe your discount expired.

I suggest you to sign into the student discount again. And your discount will be applied on your next payment day. ^^

You can also take a look at the Student discount help site.

Peace

Has anyone managed to solve this issue as it has happened to me too and I don't know how to reapply the student discount without setting up a new payment plan.

Thanks

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I'll definitely look into it. I do just have one lingering concern though... It's pretty shady how non-transparent that rule is. I have no recollection of that sort of disclaimer when I signed up, and if there's any way to pass it up the ladder, I think there'd be a lot fewer disappointed broke college students in the world if that was more widely advertised!

Suggested posts