Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

I was approved for the student discount for the US but when I click on the link it doesnt give me the option to pay with paypal. Is this suppose to be this way?

78 Replies

Unfortunately, PayPal is temporarily unavailable as a payment option when subscribing for the Student discount in US.

Please use an alternative payment method that is listed on the subscription page. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Does this include the UK? I can't access a desktop at the moment but on mobile if I follow the student link I have then credit card is only payment option available.

Cheers

Is this going to be an option again?

Do you know when the PayPal option will be back up for students?

Yeah... They need to change that pronto or I'm just gonna find another service.

I agree... it's a deal breaker for me

Hey there @Criggers@eightbitape@mzweber-5@Dejm, and @cpryor6827, welcome to the community!

Paypal hasn't been a payment method option for the student discount and still isn't, but I'll definitely let the team know you guys are interested! I don't see it being an issue that much since they allow Paypal to be used for the family discount. Fingers crossed everyone! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

It was an option before so why did they stop it? I am frustrated and I also had to pay 9.99 this month which is annoying because I should have the student discount. I'm thinking of switching over to another music player because this is complete crap.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me! I was paying via Paypal then my subscription reverted from Student to full price (which I am a little miffed about. A warning e-mail would have been nice). When reinstating my student subcription I no longer have the option to pay via Paypal.

Any idea why?

Good to hear! As a new college student I've been looking forward to getting the discount, however I was dismayed today to see you didnt allow Paypal as a payment feature when I attemptyed to do the discount. Please change this as soon as possiblle!! 

It has been 6 months since this problem has been adressed. Please fix this, I really love spotify but I WILL switch if this is not solved. It has been half a year and nothing has changed

Seriously still nothing? Welp bye bye spotify.

I don't get it. Why is the paypal option available for the other subscriptions but not students...

Its been almost a year and you still havent doe anything about this...

"Paypal hasn't been a payment method option for the student discount and still isn't"

That is a lie. I've had a student subscription for 1 year. Each month paid with PAYPAL. I just cancelled my subscription this morning because I was automatically upgraded to the higher price even though I'm still a fulltime student, and when I tried to resubscribe as a student after cancelling my premium subscription, the paypal option was removed.

I would love for a paypal option! It sucks that I can't when i'm switching from my free trial ("paid" for by PayPal) to the student version 😞

I hope Spotify will include PayPal option soon!

is there anything new with the subject?

This is a dealbreaker for me...

Suggested posts