Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

I was approved for the student discount for the US but when I click on the link it doesnt give me the option to pay with paypal. Is this suppose to be this way?

78 Replies

How is this not fixed yet?????????????????????????????

This isn't good enough.  I have been using my nus student discount for 2 years with paypal.  Just received an email telling me that my subscription is about to expire.  Clicked on the link and the paypal option is not there.

As mentioned before this was an option, it was 2 years ago, and last year.  Why is it different now, and as for post saying it was never there, just proves they are  talking rubbish.

Need this sorting or I will be another person cancelling

@mncstbr wrote:

How is this not fixed yet?????????????????????????????

Been using both spotify and pandora for a while.  I'm finally ready to go wtih the paid version, but no paypal and I don't have a credit card so I guess it's Pandora

Doesn't work for me, too.

But I definitly payed my Students account via paypal.

Today it simply doens't work anymore.

Please reimplement this option. My student subscription (payed with paypal) just ran out and I would like to purchase it again as I'm still a student.

For some reason, recently Spotify needs a credit/debit card to pay Student Premium 😕

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Very frustrating...

Okay it "is not an option" and yet ya taking money out of my paypal account every month at the student discount rate so where's the truth?

Screenshot 2016-04-26 18.40.04.png

Hey guys!

Sorry to hear about your frustration.

I'll be sure to get your feedback passed over to the right team in regards to student discount and payment.

Please do! I've also received notification that my student discount is about to expire (I'm still a student), and I don't want to switch to using a credit card, as PayPal has been working perfectly with the student discount since I first subscribed a while back.

@miguelfp1

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

If you have less than a month left in your 12 month student discount. go renew it at https://spotify.sheerid.com/

After that, when you log back in and look under the subscription tab the price will change back to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How did you get this to work with the student account?

This still hasn't been done. Will it be. I've been paying 9.99 for months just because I need to pay through paypal.

Ya I am highly disappointed in this paypal student discount issue as well. It seems clear to me that if this has been a problem since 2015 it may not get resolved soon. Spotify I dont know if I will stay with you guys much longer in light of this. So please correct your issue ASAP. Also another point I will raise, I am a Information Systems in Business major in progress. Having said that, I have worked with technology of all kinds for 4 years hands on before even coming to college. An issue like this is not that much of code and moving somethings around. I hate coding, but I would place money on the grounds I could fix this (if I worked for your team) in a day 2 tops. So it seems to me that this is not just your team trying to fix this issue so much as it that yall are reluctant to do so. Bad customer service guys.

Actually paypal WAS a legit payment way for student and when i went to re-new, it wasnt available so i dropped spotify in favor of apple music. 

fix this issue, its not really an issue, and ill return. 

spotify doesnt need my credit card # to function, just money. who cares how you get it? 

any news on this? i just signed up for the student account and spotify.com gave me no other payment option other than my credit card...I prefer paypal

NOPE. STILL TWEETING THEM EVERY WEEK UNTIL THEY BRING IT BACK. 

APPLE MUSIC IT IS.

Any update on this yet? I would also like to pay via PayPal.

nothing yet, im still weekly tweeting them until they bring it back.

Suggested posts