Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

I was approved for the student discount for the US but when I click on the link it doesnt give me the option to pay with paypal. Is this suppose to be this way?

78 Replies

update.
I'm tweeting them every week about this.
Just got this today.
image.png

Keep asking them via Twitter and keep this thread updated guys!

**bleep**? I don't get this.

How could the payment method be connected to the type of a PAYED subscription?! I cannot believe there's a good reason for this at all (technical or whatever..) as it was an option the last year and the year before.

I'm convinced there is no actual problem but a well though through decission made by Spotify. I can understand this is a dealbreaker to many people as credit cards arn't as popular outside the US as they are there.

Still sending a tweet EVERY week to spotify, spotify USA and spotify cares AND the CEO of the company. 

dont understand why this SIMPLE thing isnt allowed or being fixed. its like they arent listening even when i read an article showing they arent making money SMH... come on spotify, take your heads out of your asses!

and i love how people say this wasnt and isnt a form of payment for student disct.

LOL

Ill show you my paypal reciepts. Now take many seats....

Still tweeting every week.
Got a general response this week.
IMG_0030.PNG

I was able to use Paypal with the student discount until about two weeks ago. Now it only shows credit card as a payment option, which I don't have.

What happened?

It's Been this way going on a year.
We're not sure.
It's resiculous at this point. I hate using my CC nedlessly. Spotify doesn't need it.

PayPal with Student Discount please!

Greetings from Germany

**bleep**, and now? i mean i want to use spotify, i want to give them my money, but without pay pal i cant, i dont have a credit card!!!

gg spotify, g **bleep**ing g 😄

Also really interested in this being solved .. in Germany as well please.I cannot see why paypal isn't an option for paying, since all of us are perfectly eligible for the discount and I feel like not having a credit card (and not trusting this Klarna company either) is as if we're being punished here for whatever reason. The mentioned "team" is, I hope, really working on it "as we speak". Spotify is such a great app and not being able to use the discount although we're all eligible for it, is, to me, a huge bummer.

well 14.11.2016 and still no paypal for students 😕

So it is now over a year since users mentioned this problem. So why is this still a known but unsolved problem at 2016/11/15? I'm from germany and used Spotify premium some months and as a student now i want that discount. So why are the peaple in your team paid to ignore a huge problem with wich they loose long time user?

Send an email to support@spotify.com, describe Your problem and they will fix it.
Worked for me in a few days.

Didn't work for me...

Me: I can't use Paypal to pay for the student discount.

Support: Oh, that's terrible. If you want, we can try to 'reset' your account.

Me: Yes, please do that.

Support: Done.

Me: It still doesn't work.

Support: It's not possible to use Paypal at the moment. Please use another payment method.

still dont work!

Do you have to use a credit card or can you also use a debit card? I don't have a credit card. This is doing my head in. Why is this so difficult?

same here in germany 😞

I have used paypal as payment option so far until my account got hacked a few days ago. and the support deleted my payment information(which is a good thing). But now I am unable to choose this option again.

I will not renew my Substription until this is resolved and will switch to another service once it expires.

I find it riddiculous that a multi-billion Dollar Company is unable to provide such a basic option and at the same time claiming that this was never possible, but being totally fine to deduct 4.99 monthly from my paypal account.

Did that money not go to spotify, but some third party? Should I try to resolve this by reversing that payment on paypal?

I was able to activate a new Student Plan payed with paypal today!

!!Thank you for resolving this!!

Happy New Year!

Suggested posts