Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

I was approved for the student discount for the US but when I click on the link it doesnt give me the option to pay with paypal. Is this suppose to be this way?

78 Replies

It works again (in Germany)!!! Finally!!!

What country are you in? 

Confirmed- NOT WORKING for me here in the US.

STILL NOT WORKING COME ON?? ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR! I'm extremely disappointed, this sucks. 

Congratulations spotify!
Due to your failure to accept PayPal as payment from students, I have changed to Google music, and deleted the spotify app.
Cheers!

Hey everyone!

If you'd like to see Paypal as a payment option for the Student Discount, please make sure to add your support to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Student-Discount-Allow-Paypal-as-Payment-Fo...

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

Actually, this was the least helpful thing that could be done. 

Hi I'm from Hungary and I have the same problem when I try to subscribe student premium. I don't have the option to pay with paypal. Will be this payment method available in Hungary too?

Same problem in Austria. Guess I'm gonna have to cancel my membership, I am definitely not paying twice the price just because I do not own a credit card when I really do not see the problem in making paypal a payment method for this discount when it works for every other spotify premium membership as well. 

I do not think that they are going to fix it, I think that it is in favor of them: maybe they found out that the students where more than they thought so the discount wasn't a great deal for them anymore. By removing the paypal option they were able to make a lot of students go to the full price and the loss maybe was less than the gain...
Sooo yeah at the end of this month I'm gonna end my membership. This is not acceptable whether I'm right or wrong. It is a really easy problem and they are taking a suspicious long time to fix it.

Guys same problem here in Greece, even though i tried a lot of times to subscribe for the student discount, it never showed the PayPal option.

I attempt to pay with my cards (from multiple different banks) and none of them are able to work I have contacted my banks and this is not at their fault I thought I would attempt to pay over PayPal instead and am wondering if this will ever be an option or if I need to find a new music streaming service

Hey @Austin2984

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that let's you use your cards.

Also, you may try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Card_Problems_Instagram4B.png
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This issue is still not solved, two years later. This could just be for my region, Australia, but I'm not going to renew if I can't pay for my subscription with PayPal...

Nope, not just your region, I'm in the US and I still can't do it.

It's pretty rediculous that you don't have this resolved after 2 years. It's obviously been decided at some level of management that this isn't something they are interested in doing or that has no importance, so probably give up hope guys.

Two years later, PayPal isn't a viable payment option. Will the feature be added?

That's literally the definition of stupidity on spotify's end. I'm a student and cannot get myself a visa thus, i use paypal for these sort of things. Get your **bleep** together Spotify and stop being a bunch of moron's and fix this.

Also from my end, a begging request to please add PayPal as an option of payment for students. It's definitely possible, Spotify should make it a priority and just activate it already - please 🙂 

Yup, I was also just about to subscribe but then I saw there's no paypal option for the student discount. (I'm from Austria) Shame

Suggested posts