Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Highlighted

Re: Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Also really interested in this being solved .. in Germany as well please.I cannot see why paypal isn't an option for paying, since all of us are perfectly eligible for the discount and I feel like not having a credit card (and not trusting this Klarna company either) is as if we're being punished here for whatever reason. The mentioned "team" is, I hope, really working on it "as we speak". Spotify is such a great app and not being able to use the discount although we're all eligible for it, is, to me, a huge bummer.

Highlighted

well 14.11.2016 and still no paypal for students 😕

Highlighted

Re: Fix this problem ASAP

So it is now over a year since users mentioned this problem. So why is this still a known but unsolved problem at 2016/11/15? I'm from germany and used Spotify premium some months and as a student now i want that discount. So why are the peaple in your team paid to ignore a huge problem with wich they loose long time user?

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Send an email to support@spotify.com, describe Your problem and they will fix it.
Worked for me in a few days.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Didn't work for me...

Me: I can't use Paypal to pay for the student discount.

Support: Oh, that's terrible. If you want, we can try to 'reset' your account.

Me: Yes, please do that.

Support: Done.

Me: It still doesn't work.

Support: It's not possible to use Paypal at the moment. Please use another payment method.

Highlighted

still dont work!

Highlighted

Do you have to use a credit card or can you also use a debit card? I don't have a credit card. This is doing my head in. Why is this so difficult?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

same here in germany 😞

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have used paypal as payment option so far until my account got hacked a few days ago. and the support deleted my payment information(which is a good thing). But now I am unable to choose this option again.

I will not renew my Substription until this is resolved and will switch to another service once it expires.

I find it riddiculous that a multi-billion Dollar Company is unable to provide such a basic option and at the same time claiming that this was never possible, but being totally fine to deduct 4.99 monthly from my paypal account.

Did that money not go to spotify, but some third party? Should I try to resolve this by reversing that payment on paypal?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I was able to activate a new Student Plan payed with paypal today!

!!Thank you for resolving this!!

Happy New Year!

SUGGESTED POSTS