Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Highlighted

Re: Student Discount Doesn't Show PayPal Option

Casual Listener

It works again (in Germany)!!! Finally!!!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

What country are you in? 

Confirmed- NOT WORKING for me here in the US.

Highlighted

STILL NOT WORKING COME ON?? ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR! I'm extremely disappointed, this sucks. 

Highlighted

Congratulations spotify!
Due to your failure to accept PayPal as payment from students, I have changed to Google music, and deleted the spotify app.
Cheers!
Highlighted

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hey everyone!

If you'd like to see Paypal as a payment option for the Student Discount, please make sure to add your support to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Student-Discount-Allow-Paypal-as-Payment-Fo...

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else 🙂

JacobRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Actually, this was the least helpful thing that could be done. 

Highlighted

Hi I'm from Hungary and I have the same problem when I try to subscribe student premium. I don't have the option to pay with paypal. Will be this payment method available in Hungary too?

Highlighted

Same problem in Austria. Guess I'm gonna have to cancel my membership, I am definitely not paying twice the price just because I do not own a credit card when I really do not see the problem in making paypal a payment method for this discount when it works for every other spotify premium membership as well. 

Highlighted

I do not think that they are going to fix it, I think that it is in favor of them: maybe they found out that the students where more than they thought so the discount wasn't a great deal for them anymore. By removing the paypal option they were able to make a lot of students go to the full price and the loss maybe was less than the gain...
Sooo yeah at the end of this month I'm gonna end my membership. This is not acceptable whether I'm right or wrong. It is a really easy problem and they are taking a suspicious long time to fix it.
Highlighted

Guys same problem here in Greece, even though i tried a lot of times to subscribe for the student discount, it never showed the PayPal option.

SUGGESTED POSTS