Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Expired - No Email Sent & Charged Full Premium

Student Discount Expired - No Email Sent & Charged Full Premium

My premium student discount expired in October but I have only just noticed that the amount charged to my payment method doubled from £4.99 to £9.99. I understand that Spotify are supposed to send an email alert to notify you that the discount period is going to end. However, I never received this email and hence have been paying full price for 5 months despite being an eligible student for this entire period.

I have since renewed my student subscription so my next payment will be £4.99.

How do I go about claiming a refund for the difference for the 5 months during which I was charged a full subscription instead of a student subscription?

Also how can I be sure that I will receive the email alert from Spotify next year?

Thanks.

1 Reply

It looks like no one got back to you, but in case someone else has this question, here's the answer:

The Premium for Students discount lasts for 12 months at a time, with the option to renew when that time elapses. You can renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you’re eligible (the deal can cover a total of 4 years). 

You can visit spotify.com/student to sign up for the student discount again, and the discounted rate will automatically begin on your next billing date. If you don’t renew, or you’ve exceeded the 4-year limit, payments will proceed at the standard Premium rate.

For information regarding refunds, check out Spotify's full refund policy.

To make sure that you receive an email notification before your student discount expires, please ensure that the email in your account page is correct. 

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts