Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount Premium

Solved!

Student Discount Premium

I am having trouble upgrading to Spotify premium through the student discount. I have been through the process of enterig my card info about ten times now and it kept taking me back to the tell me more about yourself page whih is misleading because it asks for the infromation I just gave two pages ago in that same page but from there you have to click a link where it asked for a document of proof. Which I gave and it turned out to be the wrong type of file. So finally I converted it to a PDF and it got accepted and the link it sends me to in the email after says "oops! something went wrong, click here for help" After spending an hour trying to upgrade to Spotify, this is kind of ridiculous. 

46 Replies

@drewtoxx 

You can contact support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,there.

I just paid my student disaccount and it is $4.99,but after that i forgot to sign up my information.and now when i go to the subscription page,it is nothing but spotify free.I tried to call my bank to cancel it but they said only when spotify accept to cancel then they can cancel it.So please ,i wanna know what i can do for it!!!!

My case # 

# 04439216:  Subscription - Student Discount

And when i check out my receipts,theres no $4.99 only 2 payment i did before.So is that saying they will return me or someting?

thank you so much 

I just called my bank to cancel the payment 

because i didnt have the recepits and subscripiton is still on free.

and i couldnt give more information for my student discount.cuz after i paid it,the page has gone.

so now whai im doing is i called bank to stop the payment,and tried to contact to spotify.

I dont know if they will charge me every month or something.But what i do know is ,on my subscripion page theres just FREE.And my recepits only shows up two payments that i did in the past two months.

Even i sign out and log in again,still the same.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. HOW CAN YOU HELP PEOPLE IF YOU CAN"T GO THROUGH IT ON THE PHONE WITH THEM?

Hi, I am a college student in the U.S. I leaving the country to go on a trip, and I wanted to take my music with me. I attempted to use the student discount, but it did not recognize me as a student. I even tried signing in with my .edu email address. Please help quickly because I am leaving the country in less than 48 hours. I would pay for the full $10 bucks, but I do not have the funds right now. (I'm the typical poor college student) Anyway, it's pretty urgent, and i would love to get this solved as soon as possible. Thanks.

P.S. I am very disappointed and unhappy that spotify does not have number to call to have personal customer service.

I tried to manually verify myself as a student, but sheer would not accept it. This is really frustrating.

When I cancel and resubscribe, will I lose all of my songs I already have download?

Suggested posts