Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount for Current Premium Member

Student Discount for Current Premium Member

I have been a Spotify Premium member for at least a year or two now.  I just found out about the $4.99/month discounted rate for US students.  I am a university student and would like to receive the discount.

When I visit the Student Discount FAQ, it instructs me to visit the student discount page (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/) and click "GET PREMIUM".  However, when I click the "GET PREMIUM" button, I'm simply redirected to my subscription page.  I cannot find any links in my account center to apply for the student discount.

Please inform me how current premium members can get the discount applied to their account.

6 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for posting in the Forums ^.^

I've just checked your acocunt and it looks like you're already on the student discount. This was activated today on the 10th of November and this will take immediate effect on your next payment date!

If you don't get charged at the student rate of 4.99 on said date, please contact us via clicking Here.

Any other questions please feel free to ask, i'm more than happy to help/advise.

Kind regards, 

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

I am having the exact same issue. Was verified via SheerID and sent a link, but the link redirected me to my account page with an error message.

What do I need to do to get the student pricing then?

My daughter has tried to add her student discount to her account UK she thought it had been successful but she has been put down to free subscription and when she goes thru the NUS button after password request it says this service is unavailable. Help please?
Kind regards
Tony

I've been trying to add my NUS card to my premium subscription but it keeps coming up with an error, saying I can't add another student card to this account, as far as I'm aware this is the only card I've attempted to add to this acount. 

Thanks

Alice

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me know about the similar problem you're having. I'm currently out of work at the moment and just popped on quickly to check up on you amazing people!

If you no other staff members help you with this, i'll be back at work bright and early tomorrow morning ^.^

**Lie in wait of the super cool Ashley**

Have an awesome day/night in the meantime!

Thank you very much,

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

"Accept as solution"

Hey guys,

I'm back!

Could you please contact us at this form please: Amazing Spotify Help

We will then do our upmost best to resolve this issue ^.^

Kidn regards, 

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

"Accept as solution"

Suggested posts