Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount not verified, still charging double on card

Solved!

Student Discount not verified, still charging double on card

I have been trying to get the SD on Spotify, did not verify me so I tried doing it manually. I looked on my card and I have been charged $5.37 two times as well as another $1.07 twice. These are pending but I have not made a final transaction so why am I being charged? Will it automatically refund my money if it has not been verified? Help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Gabbyperezg7,

A pending charge is a part of your bank’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will actually be taken.

In that instance, the authorization will expire and the funds will reappear on your statement. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Gabbyperezg7,

A pending charge is a part of your bank’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will actually be taken.

In that instance, the authorization will expire and the funds will reappear on your statement. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts