Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount

Student Discount

I had Premium for the last few months but now that I'm heading off to college, decided to change to Student Discount Premium to save some money. For some reason, it said I was not found in the database even though I am undeniably an enrolled student at the University of Cincinnati. Anyway, I was charged the $4.99 for Premium yet am still on Free. I have tried deleting the app and redownloading as well as signing out and signing back in. Please send suggestions.

2 Replies

Hey there @nth0mas, welcome to the community!

That seems to be a problem with a lot of users recently. It's actually just a hold on your account. Since you never got verified the charge will just clear within 1-3 days. It may take longer, but I can assure you it will clear. Can you try going to https://spotify.sheerid.com to get verified and get the student discount?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hello, I am having the same problem as nth0mas was. The only differance is that I have been attending the University of Cincinnati for several years, and that I only signed up for Spotify recently to get the premium version that is bundled with Hulu. I have recived a charge on my credit card, and when logging into Spotify it says that I am still on the free plan. 

Is it because I am a new user? Or is it because there is a hold on my account?

Suggested posts