Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount

Student Discount

Hi, 

I just signed up for premium/hulu with the student discount, and it said that it couldn't verify my student status at the time. I also accidentally signed up twice and now there are two pending transactions on my account. How do I verify my status as a student, and how can I cancel that second pending transation?

- Anxious in Austin

1 Reply

Hey @anupriyajose,

As I quote from this handy-dandy Support article:

It can take up to 28 days for your student credentials to be verified.

If you’re unable to verify your student I.D, you won’t be eligible to claim the student discount. In this instance, any charges will show on your statement as ‘pending’, meaning no money has actually been taken.

Once the bank receives the confirmation that your student I.D failed to verify, the ‘pending’ charge will be refunded. This can take up to 48 hours, depending on your bank.

You can reach out to your bank for more information. Otherwise, try logging out and back in. Occasionally this is needed to force a sync of info between your device and our account system.

That covers the eligability/verification issue, now with this duplicate charge. I suggest you read over this article as it explain some more information about your situation. 

Cheers, and let me know if you need any more information or if you want clarification,

Tim

Suggested posts