Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Prenuum denied but still charged my credit card

Solved!

Student Prenuum denied but still charged my credit card

I tried to sign up for the Student Premium deal. It had me put in my credit card and then after I put it in it said that it could not verify my student ID. However it immediately charged my credit card. I checked and I don't have premium service. Just free. How do I either get a refund or get premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I received a very helpful email from Spotify tonight. They explained what many of you have said that it actually is not charged to my account but is pending and will not process. They also gave me the link to manually verify my student status. Thank you Spotify!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I am in the same situation. I would like this issued resolved immediately Spotify

So frustrating. I actually emailed a contact email and got a response that said "read the community website". I had already read through the website and not seen a resolution. Bad customer service! Would love to know what to do!

Messed up part is that they didn't even give me a confirmation #. I applied for the student discount. They took my credit card information and then it said didn't accept my college but they still charged me for it so if I'm not getting the premium then I better get my money back.

This is Spotify refund policy

If you live in the EU and purchased a subscription or e-card, you have the right to a full refund within 14 days of purchase.

However, this refund can’t be offered if you have started to use your subscription or the e-card has been redeemed.

Gift cards bought from a store cannot be refunded by Spotify.

Hi thier 

I've run into the problem myself. 

Don't worry the charge won't actually stay on your account.

The funds will be returned to you based on your banks policies. 

If the charge stays on you account longer then a Week I would contact Spotify Support and the Bank.

Hope this helps!

Marked as solution

I received a very helpful email from Spotify tonight. They explained what many of you have said that it actually is not charged to my account but is pending and will not process. They also gave me the link to manually verify my student status. Thank you Spotify!

Suggested posts