Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Subscription

Solved!

Student Subscription

Hi, I would like to get Spotify Premium as I am a student I would like to use the £4.99 price (I qualify through UNiDAYS) , however I would like to use your three months for 99p offer first. Is this possible? How can I approach this? I would like to start my premium from the 1st June if this is possible?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have heard back from Spotify, who have resolved my problem, here is what they said:

"You simply need to go to the Spotify website to take advantage of the Premium offer. It will show the current offer available in your country.

Before the 3rd month is over for the subscription, you then can sign up for the Student Discount here(link to student offer this one is the US one) to activate the new rate. After you sign up for the Student Discount, the discounted rate will kick in at your next monthly subscription renewal date.

We hope this clears things up for you. If you have any other questions, we're always here for you."

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes you can, my suggestion is that first Subscribe to that 3 months Premium and then Cancel. After your 3 months is over you can Subscribe to Student Membership.

Would cancelling be good for my account, could I loose my playlists amongst other things? Wouldn’t the best option be to redeem my student offer (from UNiDAYS) during the duration of the third month?

For example if I did start on the 1st June would I activate my student membership half way through August (third month) and therefore my first payment would be £4.99 on the 1st Sept. This way I do not cancel any membership at any point but implement my student membership towards the end of the trial.

P.s This is where having a contact/phone number to Spotify would really help clear things up:( 

Marked as solution

I have heard back from Spotify, who have resolved my problem, here is what they said:

"You simply need to go to the Spotify website to take advantage of the Premium offer. It will show the current offer available in your country.

Before the 3rd month is over for the subscription, you then can sign up for the Student Discount here(link to student offer this one is the US one) to activate the new rate. After you sign up for the Student Discount, the discounted rate will kick in at your next monthly subscription renewal date.

We hope this clears things up for you. If you have any other questions, we're always here for you."

Awesome, I'm learning new stuff daily basis. I've been using Spotify 3 weeks so every single new thing learned is a great thing.

Suggested posts