Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student charged £9.99 after only 7 months at £4.99

Student charged £9.99 after only 7 months at £4.99

Hi, 

I am subscribed to spotify using the student discount however today I was reverted back to the full payment after only 7 months of being at £4.99. It was my understanding that this should only happen after 12 months? I will continue to be a student next year so it is not a case of my UniDays subscription expiring.

I have managed to re-apply the student discount by registering again but I am disappointed I have already been charged £9.99 for this month. Luckily I spotted it on my bank statement before I was charged again.

Anybody know why this might have happened? Is there someone I can contact for a refund this month?

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey there @samcs640! You are certainly correct - your student discount should have been good for a whole year before getting bumped back to the full monthly price. Because this is a payment issue, your best bet going forward will be contacting support. This can be done by either reaching out to @SpotifyCares on twitter; messaging support on Facebook; or through this contact form. If it's been more than 48 hours without a response, reply to the e-mail you received confirming they got your message (if you used the contact form), or, if you messaged them through Twitter or Facebook, shoot them another message there.

Please let me know if anything else comes up, or if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Thanks for your reply @LordRollin, that seems to be the answer I was after. I couldn't find the contact form on the site when looking yesterday, clearly didn't look hard enough!

Thanks again

By design it's a little harder to find to help send people here to the forums since we can usually solve most things here. Account issues tend to be the exception to that rule, however.

Suggested posts