Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount disappeared

Solved!

Student discount disappeared

Hi,

I have been getting the 50% student discount on my monthly subscription, until a few months ago it changed back to the normal price. Is there a way to get the discounted price again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @alyssakasher and welcome to the community!

The verbiage in the contract varies by country, but here's a snippet from the USA student site:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the โ€œDiscounted Monthโ€) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Basically, you can re-sign up, but you have to do it every 12 months. There's a cap of 3x. Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @alyssakasher and welcome to the community!

The verbiage in the contract varies by country, but here's a snippet from the USA student site:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the โ€œDiscounted Monthโ€) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Basically, you can re-sign up, but you have to do it every 12 months. There's a cap of 3x. Hope that helps!

Ohhh okay, thank you!

glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

how do i switch over from paying the regular 10 bucks a month to the student price without it erasing my playlists and account? 

You'll just cancel your spotify account for premium and then reenroll as a student with the discounted rate for next month. 

Explains why mine cut off lol

Suggested posts