Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount disappeared

Solved!

Student discount disappeared

Hi,

I have been getting the 50% student discount on my monthly subscription, until a few months ago it changed back to the normal price. Is there a way to get the discounted price again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @alyssakasher and welcome to the community!

The verbiage in the contract varies by country, but here's a snippet from the USA student site:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Basically, you can re-sign up, but you have to do it every 12 months. There's a cap of 3x. Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @alyssakasher and welcome to the community!

The verbiage in the contract varies by country, but here's a snippet from the USA student site:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Basically, you can re-sign up, but you have to do it every 12 months. There's a cap of 3x. Hope that helps!

Ohhh okay, thank you!

glad I could help 🙂

how do i switch over from paying the regular 10 bucks a month to the student price without it erasing my playlists and account? 

You'll just cancel your spotify account for premium and then reenroll as a student with the discounted rate for next month. 

Explains why mine cut off lol

Suggested posts