Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount linked to wrong account

Student discount linked to wrong account

Hello everyone I'm thankful for any advice and hope I described the problem as clear possible.

[German student discount]

1. I have 2 Spotify Accounts. One is linked to facebook the other one is just a proper Email account.

I want to delete my facebook account now but this would mean that my spotify-account would be deleted as well.

2. I managed to activate the student discount without any problems.

3. Right when I activated it, I realized that I linked the student discount to my Facebook-Spotify account. 

4. Now when I go to the E-Mail account and try to activate the student discount again it says that the student discount "code" is already linked to another account.

Now all I wanna do is get the discount and being able to delete myself from facebook sooner or later.

I reckon there is 2 options:

1. Trying to unlink my facebook-spotify account from facebook and link it with an E-mail so that I can delete my Facebook-Account without deleting my spotify account.

2. Trying to unlink the student discount from my Facebook-Spotify Account and link it to the right account this time. 

Please let me know if any of these options are viable or if there is a 3rd option. I don't really care which way it's going to work, all I want to have is the student discount and being able to delete myself from facebook. 

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Hello @rc_mertens, Welcome to the community! 🙂

You can contact Spotify support here to assist you with your issue 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Suggested posts