Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount (part-time student)

Student discount (part-time student)

Hello, I recently canceled my subscription so I could apply for the student discount, but SheerID is unable to verify me. They say they are only able to verify full time students, and I am only a part time student. Nowhere on the Spotify student discount terms and conditions page did it specify you had to be a full time student, so I was hoping you could provide some clarification and what steps I need to take to get the dicounted subscription price.  Thank you, Dave

3 Replies

Hey there @DTenGil and welcome to the community!

That is an interesting question. Spotify's Student Discount terms and conditions mention:

Spoiler
"In order to verify that you are a Qualifying Student, Spotify may receive your Qualifying Information, share such information with SheerID, Inc., and receive confirmation of your student status from SheerID, Inc. We reserve the right to determine if you are a Qualifying Student in our sole discretion. Spotify will store your name, educational institution name and date of birth. "

As it says that they'll receive confirmation through SheerID on your qualifying status, I'd suggest you get in touch with their customer service to get more info on that.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I went to the SheerID people first, and they said they can only verify full-time students, which is why I was trying to get some help from Spotify.  It appears this is a lost cause.

@DTenGil - That is a bit odd. You can try getting in touch with Spotify by sending them a tweet or DM @SpotifyCares.

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts